Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SANTAGATE is an AFF Finalist!

SANTAGATE is a family comedy script I wrote over the course of a couple years.  I started it in the amazing Tim Albaugh's UCLA Online workshop.  After I wrote the rough draft, I pitched it at my first Austin Film Festival in 2010.  Not being the best pitcher, I was shocked to tie for third in the Pitch Finals.  Two years and seven drafts later, it makes the AFF comedy screenplay finals. http://www.austinfilmfestival.com/news/2012-screenplay-teleplay-finalists/  Many thanks to my fellow writers in the UCLA Online Workshop and Pixar Screenwriters' group for all the great notes.

Logline: A kid reporter obsessed with the truth struggles to uncover the greatest grown-up conspiracy of all time: the secret of Santa.

Awards:
2012 Austin Film Festival Finalist in the comedy screenplay category (top 5 scripts out of 2000)
2012 Austin Film Festival Semi-Finalist for Enderby Entertainment Award
2011 BlueCat Quarterfinalist (older draft)